My Homemade Biscuits
I use Hodkins Mills naturally white flour.
1 cup low fat buttermilk
3 tbs. oil ( I use grapeseed)
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda, and salt
Preheat oven to 475. In a mixing bowl, add buttermilk and oil. mix until blended. Sift flour, soda, and salt together and add to milk. Add a bit more flour until dough semi sticks to spoon. it will have a good consistancy. Spoon into a iron skillet. Or round cake pan. This makes about 6-8 biscuits. Cooks fast. About 8 minutes, the turn to broil until browned. Serve with scrambled eggs & sausage gravy, or butter and have some freezer jam. YUM!
(yes I know its a small recipe, but its an important one) Back to normal next week I promise.
Friday, June 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








This looks like I must try it. I had stopped making biscuit cause of all the shortening..biscuits are a comfort food for me. thanks for sharing your recipe,
ReplyDelete