Tuesday, June 03, 2008

No Poo Solution


hey guys! i've decided since i dont have alot of time for crochet/knitting at the moment I would start a weekly posting session. If nothing else, just to help me figure out where I am, and where I'm going on my "green" kick.


No Poo. You heard me. No poo. Tonight is my first trial of this anti-shampoo revolution. i mixed 1 tbs baking soda, with some water and made a paste and worked it into my scalp. then massaged all around. I actually enjoyed the massage, even if I did do it myself. After a good rinse, I added 1 tbs. of white vinegar ( didnt have apple cider vinegar ACV) and 1 c. water. Poured it on as a rinse and let it sit about 2 minutes. Another good rinse. Towel dry, and the big test. Will my frizzy, curly, hair conform to the comb thru test?


Amazingly, it did. Really. I sniffed, it smelled.....clean. no smell really. And so ends day 1 of the no poo challenge. To learn more about no poo method, visit this link

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm. Interesting. Does that mean the shampoo I buy at my natural food store isn't green?

    And excuse the TMI, but I'm a greaseball, do you think this would work for oily hair?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing.
    I tried it for the first time and it worked... though I used lemon juice for rinsing instead of ACV. I'll use vinegar the next time I wash my hair.

    ReplyDelete

And, your thoughts about this are?