Yes, I finally took the plunge. This weekend hubby and I made our first batch of lye soap. Since our baby has such sensitive skin, we have really jumped on the frugal bandwagon making laundry soap, and now lye soap. It is not hard to make, and is suppose to be very good for your skin. It has glycerine in it naturally. Commercial soaps (dare I say detergents not soap)remove this glycerine and sell it to cosmetics companies. My soap will have to cure for a few days, and then will be wrapped and ready to use. We can grate it up for laundry soap, use it in the shower, dare I say its all purpose. So far, it lathers well and leaves your hands very soft.



The blue soap is glycerine soap, the girl helped me melt down and color. She chose lavender scent. It worked well on her skin. I'm hoping the lye soap will as well. I'll keep you posted.
Haven't thought of making my own soap...that seems very practical though.
ReplyDeleteHow cool is that!!!!
ReplyDelete