There is just something about the first cool snap that makes me want soup!
I don't know about you, but I have enjoyed the cooler weather we have been experiencing this week. There's only one problem with it, though. It makes me hungry! I guess I associate colder weather with the upcoming Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays, times that have always held very fond memories for me. Of course, they are also times when I get some very good food! My mother has always had a tendancy to try some new recipes in the weeks leading up to Thanksgiving, so I have alot of memories of being in a warm, cozy, fragrant house while it is shivering cold outside.
There is nothing quite as satisfying as coming in from the cold to a steaming bowl of soup that causes a flavor explosion the minute the first spoonful hits your mouth! Guess you can tell I'm a soup fan.
Today I made the best soup I have ever made. The whole family raved, picky girls included. They (the girls) ate 2 bowls! Now, the weird thing is, I found this recipe in the local newspaper. I seldom read thru enough of the paper to find a recipe, or anything else. So, today I'm sharing this easy-peasy recipe for some yummy soup. I served it with some cornbread muffins. I halved the recipe, because it makes alot, and I'm not going to spend alot of cash on ingrediants unless its good. (I will next time though)
Score for mom!
Loaded Potato Soup
4 cans chicken broth
1- 32oz. bag of frozen diced hashbrowns
2 cans cream of celery soup
2 cans cream of onion soup
8 oz. block of sharp cheddar cheese (cubed)
8 oz. block of Monterey Jack cheese (cubed)
8 0z. block of Pepper Jack cheese (cubed)
1 qt. half and half
for garnish
bacon, cooked and crumbled
chives/ green onions, chopped
shredded cheese
In a large pot, combine and simmer hashbrowns and chicken broth, until potatoes are soft. Add other ingrediants and continue to cook over medium heatfor 30 minutes or until all cheeses are melted. Garnish with bacon bits, chopped green onions, and shredded cheddar cheese.
Word to the wise this recipe will feed an army, s if you want to make it for just the mmediate family, cut the ingrediants in half! Also, be sure to break out the largest pot you have when you make it. Trust me, you'll need it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








OMG that sounds delish, but then again anything with the word potato in it does. I will try this one and let you know how it turns out. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDelete