Sunday, October 21, 2007

Weekend Catchup post

Hi guys! Hope you all are getting some of the cooler weather. It is great outside! Which is yet another reason I've been a bad blogger. Heres a catchup post though.

We started phase 1 of our living room remodel last weekend. Its been that wonderful cream color since we moved here. The wallpaper border I found out had another layer underneath, that had been painted over. What fun to remove!



Found a helper who was willing to use alittle elbow grease, too.


So, after scraping border down, patching holes, and getting the walls ready to paint... WE PAINTED! Its a light olive green color. I'm in love with it!








Phase 2 will start in a few weeks. We are going to replace the berber carpet fug, with some hardwood or laminate. Haven't quite decided on that. I will get the same color flooring as the wooden shades. A light oak. And, of course, since I trashed the old baseboards, we'll have to replace them with new ones. I'm still debating on the curtain, or not curtain idea. I did have some basic white sheer curtains up, but Haven't really gave it much thought, since flooring is the next chore. Phase 3 will consist of a new front door (YAYS)



I have this vine running up the edge of my front porch. Mom said it was a moonglow vine. Its suppose to bloom at night and has the most wonderful fragrance. As you can see, mine is alittle confused on the time of day. LOL It sure is beautiful though! I planted some turnip seed a few weeks back and they are beginning to come up as well. Hopefully, they will be almost ready when the first real cold snap hits, and makes them super yummy.

Had alittle excitement Thursday afternoon, as a F1 tornado hit town. I raced it home (which is pathetic, but I didnt wanna be alone in a storm) So I went to hub's work and we snapped this pic out the window. Scary huh? Thats the only thing I hate about changing seasons, we always have storms. But, it cleaned out the air, no one was injured and the cold front behind it, is really nice.

I have been knitting a sock for the dd. Just your plain run of the mill basic sock. No pattern. One day I hope to advance up to a pattern, but for now I'm happy to just complete a wearable. I received my Yarn Pirate booty for the month. It rocks too. The girls both want something made from it... in due time girls, in due time.

Happy Fall guys! Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment

And, your thoughts about this are?