Monday, September 08, 2008

CVS: for all the ways you care

So, I'm a frugal gal. I decided to start reading frugal forums and find some real money/time/effort saving tips. I found a great forum here . great tips and advice for the newly frugal.

One of their biggies is saving with coupons (q's) and other valuable things from different stores. I have a CVS in town and decided to try out the extra care buck program (ebc's). The way to use them is this: you get the Sunday newspaper and clip the coupons in there. Some you can use in different places, some at CVS. Then you check the weekly circular and see what items they have as buy 1 get 1 free, and match the coupons to the product. I had been doing little deals and saving up the ebc's. Only buying products that I will really use and actually need. I saved up 16 ebc's and went in today with my q's (coupons). Here is what I got:

2 toothpastes, 6 razors, 4 deo's, 1 pine sol, and 1 shampoo. Total price: 44.65

But, what did I pay? 4.85. No kidding. The clerk did a double take too, but he said nothing. Suits me just fine. I like CVS!

3 comments:

  1. Nice deal!

    I've just recently begun hearing about the CVS deals and I'm getting a little jealous that I don't have a store anywhere near here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wholey Cow you are one Dixie cosmopolitan, redhead renaissance kinda Chick! Doilies to soap to pie, to shoe sales, to....
    Sheesh... I just stopped by to get a look at your thread hook... planning to make a few more for the ole auction block and then i saw more of your Doilies. Kid, you've gone from perfection to sublime. You gotta be the Stratavarius (sp?) of the doiley!
    I'm totally awestruck!!

    Gotta go pick up my jaw now (musta dropped the dang thing somewhere between the Rose of Erin, and the May Rose, etc)


    Jimbo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    Tanks,
    Bjs..sandra Coatti

    ReplyDelete

And, your thoughts about this are?