Tuesday, August 21, 2007

WIP:updates

I'm a bad blogger. I have things I'm working on, things I'm doing etc., but somehow I'd rather read blogs than my entries to my own lately. I do love keeping up with all of you and your goings-on. Finally, I took enough time this morning to do a catch-up on wip's.





First, I'm still working on the blue ribbon doily in that lovely shade of lilac. I'm alittle over halfway now. It's getting time consuming on the rounds now since they are so big. I'm striving to do at least 1-2 a day. Maybe I'll finish it by christmas.




Second, I started a new doily last night, from Elizabeth Hiddleson. i'm using some vibrant blue olympus size 40 that Lori sent me. It's my first time working with this thread. I'm loving it too. Very easy to use and a luscious shimmery texture. Thanks again Lori!




Third, SIGH. Ongoing battle. Socks. Why am I doing this to myself? Why cant I just be happy that I can crochet. Why try knitting. and knitting socks for that matter. I've frogged this yarn 3 times now. this is the latest assembly. Another basic sock. I'm using size 0 crystal palace bamboo needles. I've found out that most of my problems were with gauge and using to large needles for the project. Gauge is not something most doily makers worry with.I know I never have. But, wow, knitting is all about the gauge. Yes I know everyone knew that but me. I'm a trial and error kinda gal. Anywho, I've figured some things out, and I know I'll have loads more to learn as I go.

Todays to do list: go to post office, do dishes, laundry, and vaccum. not a huge list. But its only Tuesday...... Have a great day guys!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm envious about the sock knitting and haven't really had to time to just try it, but I guess I should knit a dishcloth or something first, eh?

    Saw you joined the Ravelry CAL for socks-cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ! Those doilies look really good. I can hardly wait till Christmas time ..lol ..to see them completed!! Seriously, the colours you picked are gorgeous.
    I know what you mean about knitting ! I've been bitten by the bug too. But I'm not as brave to venture into socks knitting yet. I'm stuck on a baby bootie which is supposedly a beginner pattern...I'm sick and tired of frogging so far!!

    ReplyDelete

And, your thoughts about this are?