Wednesday, October 04, 2006

WIP Wednesday



Ok, so I've said that I'm a one project girl. But, I guess the Christmas bug has bitten. I've got 2 things going at the moment, and prolly another added on as soon as I decide on it. I got this hand dyed yarn in the mail the other day. Its sorta a soft varigated powder blue. I decided to tackle knitting a scarf for the dd. I'm using some cocoa chenille with it. Why? I dunno. Why am I knitting? That should be the question. I'm not a knitter. I hold the needles too tight or something. My knuckle aches today from doing that last night. I can crochet for hours. I try knitting for 1 hr and its not pretty. What do u think about the colors? good, bad, ugly?

The other project is a doily. I started one day this week. I just really liked the way the flowers turned out. :-)

4 comments:

  1. Pretty doily, Stacey!
    I like the variegated blue very much. Wow, what a huge cocoa cone! Matching both colors is looking nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That scarf looks so nice. How are you getting on with the chenille? I am knitting with chenille-type yarn for the first time and it is slow going! I feel like I'm really having to pull the stitches through the loop as it gets stuck a bit...thankfully I haven't had to rip any of it out. I'll finish this project but I'm not sure I'll buy any more chenille.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its not a big deal with the chenille. I'm slooooow anyway so if I goof I just pull it out. So far thought,so good :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors for the scarf look great together. I can't believe you knit also. I must have missed something. Wow what don't you do?

    Your doiley is perfection, as they all are. I love the flowers.

    You are so right, the holiday bug has bitten us all.

    ReplyDelete

And, your thoughts about this are?