Ever spend time creating something, and are so swept away with it that you didnt take time to step back and actually LOOK at what you were creating. Sigh, I took a step back today, and realized the doily I thought looked so grand, looked like a purple mess. I was trying to make one with 2 different color strands of rayon thread. This is a 'no no'. Rayon does not hold shape well, and after numerous twists and turn starts to frey out. Sigh. So 15 rnds of a doily complete, and now its time to start over. I want to put a bucket over my head and kick it repeatedly. Thank goodness my legs aren't that long...... I'll save you the agony of defeat pictorial. Trust me, it ain't pretty.
moral: step back every few rounds and take a real look at what your creating. Dont wait tilll your halfway complete.
Monday, May 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








That sucks and I have done this numerous times, just hooking away and then I finally look at the item, lay it on the floor and look again and then curse. I really try to train myself to keep checking, but it's easy to let it get away from you.
ReplyDeleteI think that is one of the most common things that happens to us crocheters/knitters. All that happy work just to be devastated!
ReplyDeleteI HATE when that happens!
ReplyDelete