Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Chemo Caps

October is breast cancer awareness month. We all know that. My post today is about cancer. My mom's friend from work was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. SHe i going through the first round of chemo right now. Mom called and asked if I could make her a few chemo caps. Who could say no to such a request. I've been looking for a good basic pattern. I found this. So far. I've got some SS in navy and going to cast on tonight for this one. The pattern doesn't look to technical so maybe I can get her one soon.

Let's see. I work all the time now. Don't have much time for anything else. I have been knitting on a pair of boot socks for hubby. Since hunting season starts this weekend (sigh). I've been working in my living room. Removing wallpaper border (help me) and installing in-wall speakers, and mounting the tv on the wall. No, I didnt do it, but I did help hubs put the tv on the wall. The living room was cream colored. I'm sick of bland, so I've choen a light olive green. And I LOVE it! I've got 2 walls painted so far. This spring we will be putting hardwood flooring down and new baseboards. Then this room will be complete! Yays! I'll put pics up soon of my WIP room and the socks.

Hugs to ya all! I still read your blogs just dont post alot. Miss chatting with you guys!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:05 PM

    The Lucy Hat (free pattern) over at KnitPicks looks like a good one to try. Here is the link:

    http://knitpicks.com/Lucy+Hat_PD50392220.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. No fair linking to Ravelry! Some of us were real slow jumping on that boat and are paying the price now, lol.

    ReplyDelete

And, your thoughts about this are?