Friday, April 14, 2006

Foodie Friday Recipe

I tried to think of a simple recipe for my first Foodie Friday. This is something I whipped up because most recipes I found had too much crap in them. LOL. I have given this recipe out a jillion times, it is a sure winner if you love Italian food. The key is the addition of red pepper flakes. It gives the sauce a needed BAM. Watch out though, alittle goes a LONG way.
Enjoy!

Pasta Sauce

1 large can crushed tomatoes
1 medium onion, chopped
Italian Seasoning
Salt, Red Pepper Flakes (to taste)
Olive Oil
Garlic
(mushrooms, olives, diced tomatoes) optional

In a large saucepan, drizzle enough olive oil to cook onions in (about 2 tbs). cook about 5 minutes. add garlic. if you like alot add alot, if not, just a wee bit. Add the tomatoes, seasonings to taste, and optional add-ins. Reduce heat and simmer about 15-20 minutes. The longer you simmer, the more flavourful it gets. Serve with any pasta or breadsticks. Also makes a fab pizza sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And, your thoughts about this are?