I have a Hispanic friend, whom I adore. Over the years, she has taught me several authentic Mexican recipes. Once u eat it, u can never go back to Ole El Paso in the grocery store. LOL. Anyway, today recipe is a side dish to go with any Tex-Mex style foods.
2 Tbs, Butter
1 1/2 c. rice (I use basmati)
1/2 c. chopped onion
1/2 c. chopped green bell pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
2 c. water
1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes w/chilies
2 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp cumin
pinch salt
1 c. shredded Jack cheese
In a saucepan, melt butter. Add rice, onion, pepper, and garlic. Cook until rice is browned and veggies are tender. Add water, tomatoes, chili powder, and salt. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer. Do Not Stir. check again in about 15-17 minutes. Rice will be tender. Stir in cheese. There ya go.
Friday, April 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








Was looking for a good Spanish rice recipe, thanks!
ReplyDeleteI love authentic dishes! Thanks for sharing
ReplyDelete