Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Thursday Update


Well, I hope everyone had a quiet and enjoyable Thursday. I thought I'd do alittle catchup post for the weeks WIP's.

I finished the messenger bag Monday night. You know, it wasn't that big of a deal the hardest part was sewing the edging seam.( dont remember whats its called). It is the best project I've completed in sewing.
Look out Martha!

The lining is a bright kinda tye-dyed yellow, with a pocket (oh la la) . The pocket is in the center it looked funked in the pic but u know how that goes......

I went to visit my 80 yr old grammie yesterday and took a WIP doily with me. She loved it. She is currently making an oval tablecloth out of little motifs. She still loves to crochet. And loves when I come and crochet with her. I'm going to do the edging of the tablecloth for her and shes anxious to get that in my hands so it can be on her table soon. I love my grammie so much! I told her I wanted to make a special Christmas present for her this year, and to pick anything she wanted and I would crochet it for her... well this is what she chose.... It's from a 1955 Star 10 cent booklet #120 called "The Pineapple Doily" I'm going to head to Hobby Lobby now that i have to find some varigated yellow threads *gleam* I don't know what it is about pineapples. My grammie always tells me she don't care much for them.. and thats what she picked out. Go figure. LOL

Almost forgot to post a pic of the hot pink doily! Be sure to tune in tomorrow for FOodie Friday. I'm posting Chinese! Have a great night!

4 comments:

  1. I just love my grammie too. I wish that I got to see her more often. She is the sole reason that I am so crafty, and she is so proud to know it.

    I love the hot pink doily. I just can't believe how fast you crochet these beauties. You must have great vision. Whenever I work with thread I have to put the magnifiers on. Geez... age!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pink doily looks great! Awesome job on the messenger bag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that tote...actually, I love everything you make!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the bag! Although I'm not a seamstress by any means, I'd probably go with "edging seam" too or "edge seaming" LOL!
    The pink doily is looking wonderful - beautiful work, as always :)

    ReplyDelete

And, your thoughts about this are?