
I received my Jimbo hook today! It is absolutely gorgeous. I am semi-speechless... or else I couldn't type about it.LOL. Its perfect in my hand, and will go straight to work on the lapghan I'm making for dd. Without further adieu.... My size H.... for your viewing pleasure...Want one?
Visit his blog for more details.
So I've finally started on a few Christmas presents. My SIL loves black and pink anything. So, I've decided to make an Elizabeth Hiddleson doily called "cobblestone" in bright pink and add some black beads around the border. I know she will heart it!
And, finally... school starts next Monday! Yep, a week from today. I'm going to attempt to make dd#1 a messenger bag to take along. Ok. I don't sew well but my SIL promises this is e-a-s-y. We shall see. I'll be using some bright John Deer fabric, batting, and interfacing. I've got the pattern cut out. Oh, I forgot to mention SIL doesn't use patterns she freehands it out of her mind. She taught me how to make simple totes, this just takes it one step further and adds the flap. Well, good luck to me! *gulp*








You'll never want to use another hook again! I love mine. Good luck with the sewing. You are learning so many new skills. I'm impressed :)
ReplyDeleteI heart that hook..I will get a jimbo someday. I just spent August's craft budget for some yarn and wool winder. Maybe in Sept=) The bag shouldn't be too hard, just straight seams. Good luck with that. And of course post finished pics of it, please.
ReplyDeleteJimbo's hooks are great. Love the doily
ReplyDeleteJimbo Hook!!!! I'm drooling ! Someday , hopefully.......I'll get one too.
ReplyDeleteYour doily is looking very nice so far. I"m sure the bead addition will look very nice too.
Goodluck with the bag....I'm sure you'll do a good job on it. Waiting to see how it turms out.
I've noticed you make quite a few of Elizabeth Hiddleson's doilies - you do a fabulous job! I'm blown away by what a truly excellent job you do as I know they aren't always easy.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous, just gorgeous work!