Monday, July 10, 2006

1890 doily & Name doily




This is from an old time crochet magazine. (image is clickable). I used size 30 Altin Basak(Turkish Threads). I had tried to make this doily years ago when i first started crocheted and it was way over my head. I am thrilled it turned out as well as it did this go round. I really enjoyed using that thread, too.

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingMy cousin is getting married at the end of the month. I made this as a wedding gift. Used DMC Cebelia size 30 in ecru. believe it or not, it only took 2 days to make this. AKA boring weekend. :-)

3 comments:

  1. Both turned out great. Your cousin is going to love it. You are really talented and amaze me with your crocheting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacey, I have no words... you did such an amazing work! I really wish to pick you up in a plane, so that you can teach me how to do it! ;)

    ReplyDelete

And, your thoughts about this are?