


What a weekend. I'm feeling alot better. Not here to gripe about it either! Thanks, for the thoughts, and good vibes. I am really ZINGING this morning! And I need to, since I have laundry to do.. *ICK*
I sat round all weekend and did absolutely nothing. That about killed me. I'm such a neat freak, and to have to watch as everything started cluttering up. well you can imagine...
On the lighter side I did get some crochet time in, though. *yays* I started a Trish K. pattern. From "doilies with a twist" #5 Tala. I've made this one before, and thought I'd try it again. Using size 20 Cebelia in ecru. I'm on round32 of 40. So wow, I did get some crochet time in....
Oh yes, who could forget the knitting attempts. Well, I sat with my stitch booklet and some Navy blue red heart yarn and tried my hand at knit and purl stitches. This is what I've come up with. I have to say I really like the look of the stocking net. I think thats what its called LOL. Nonetheless, I've decided if I'm going to make a wearable I'd like the look and feel of knitting. My first project? I have no clue. I've got some yummy yarn that I bought from Elizabeth. But, can't figure out just what I want to use it on... any ideas for a first project? I'd like to try my hand at socks, eventually. I only have a set of size 10 bamboo needles at the moment. Knitting is not as brain-whacking as I thought it would be. Its more repetitive than crochet (at the moment) Of course, with 2 stitches under my belt, I'm the real pro talking huh? I set a DIY program to record called "knitty gritty". Granted I'm not going to try to "cozie" everything in my house, but a few "stitch-therapy" programs shouldn't hurt alot.
Now, to the new project I'm working up in my mind. DD is in the high school band this year. And I was thinking of a lapghan in the school colors would be a nifty little thing for her to take on trips and to games. I'm thinking of one that has a bag attached so she could unfold and use and then refold and carry easily. Haven't looked up any patterns just plundering it over in my mind. Its been quite a while since I used yarn, but I have a TOTC hook just crying for me to use it again....Maybe I could graph the school initials, or band, or even her name in it. Decisions, decisions, decisions..... Happy Monday ya'll!








Glad you are feeling more "zingy" now!
ReplyDeleteI have some Caron One Pounders I specifically saved to practive knitting with. I would try a dishcloth, but the cotton doesn't have the give I may need first time around. I will try it, as soon as I finish the next few little things I have planned.
The doilies always amaze me-I would be blind if I tried.
I wish you lived near me, then you could neat freakify my house!
Love 'your brain on crochet' picture! What a fun blog. I didn't know anyone still crocheted doilies. Very refreshing to find out. I used to crochet afgans, but they were so expensive that I switched to doilies. Haven't done any in years.
ReplyDeleteWelcome to knitting Stacey! Your stocking stitch looks great! No wonder, if you crochet such amazing doilies, you will knit whatever you wish!!!
ReplyDeleteGlad to read you're feeling better now, Stacey! Your doily is turning out great! I just love how you keep turning out these beauties using tiny thread size. Good luck on your new craft venture! hugsssss
ReplyDelete