Monday, September 11, 2006
9/11- where were u?
I remember I was watching the today show, and practicing a doily. They broke the news that something had hit the WTC and sent live footage over there. They were talking about it, like it was an accident. a mishap. Then, I sat with the rest of the world and watched as the 2nd plane hit on live tv. Shock ensued. We all realized at the same time that this was no accident. We were under attack. I called my hubby and told him to turn on the radio in his car, called my mom at work and told then the same thing. Sitting there watching everything unfold, and feeling so useless. There was nothing I could do to help, No where I could go to help. I checked the dd out of school and we all sat glued to the tv for hours, days, weeks. We will never forget. Rest in Peace to those lost, and God Bless those who live on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








Same show. I was sleeping, and my husband woke me up to the first hit on the South tower. We also thought as everyone that it was an accident. Then the second one, and the pentagon. I nearly passed out when I saw on live tv the first tower collapse. Later that day most of the people in my town watched as the buildings still smoldered from the skyline. A very bone chilling day!
ReplyDeleteI was watching the today show as well. Will never forget that image of the plane going into the second tower... NEVER.
ReplyDeleteanyway Happy Birthday hun!
I was working in Ireland - it was just after we had gotten back from lunch and my mom e-mailed me with the news. I was the first to know and let everyone in my office know. My mother kept us updated with e-mails as the news sites were blocked and impossible to access.....I hated refreshing my e-mail that day.
ReplyDeleteI ended the day sitting in disbelief in an Irish Pub in the middle of Dublin, people kept coming up to me and crying when they found out I was American as I stared with shock at the television.