Sunday, September 10, 2006

Foodie Friday ~ Cheese Squares

Yes, I'm late. But, better late than never. I forgot how wonderful these are until making them for my neighbor this weekend. Try them. If you like cheesecake then you will LOVE these!

Cheese Squares:

2 pkg pilsbury cresent rolls
2 8 oz pkg cream cheese
1 tbs lemon juice
2 egg yolks (save white)
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 c. sugar

in a 9x 13 pan press out 1 pkgs of cresent rolls in the complete sheet. this will cover the bottom of the pan. In a bowl combine room temperature cream cheese, egg yolks, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla. beat throughly. Pour over cresent rolls in pan and smooth around. Press out next pkg of cresent rolls on countertop and gently lie over the cream cheese mixture. beat egg whites just a bit, until small bubbles form.(about 1 minute) Spread over tops over cresent rolls. Bake at 375 about 30 minutes. Let cool before cutting, and serving. (They are not great hot, but perfect chilled or at room temperature. I promise they will not last overnight. YUM!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy!! I'll have to try this when I get back to the US!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

And, your thoughts about this are?