Friday, January 12, 2007

WIP's







So, I'm working on the tablecloth throughout this year. I cannot ONLY work on that so I'm going to have a variety of wip's to go along with it. Here, starts that saga as well: (pics clickable)


wip #1 Rose of Erin Doily.




I've been wanting to make this doily for along time. Finally, decided to stop procrastinating and hop to it. I'm use a size 14 hook and size 30 Altin Basak thread. It is going to be about 16 inches when complete IF the pattern I'm using is correct. Its bugger small, that is a fact.



wip#2 Valentines stuff




I've never been one to celebrate a holiday in thread. But, I'm trying to broaden my horizions. i'm making a few valentine doilies.I havent blocked the big one yet so it looks alittle frumpy. I ran out of room on the board. And, yes there is a black one. Not everyone is into the "red and hearty" things. lol.



And last but not least.... a pile of yummy threads just waiting to turn into something lovely!

Size 20 Opera threads in black, sage and buttercream.

leftover lemon and fushia...for butterflies maybe?

1 comment:

  1. Every time I see your work, sis, I am amazed. It is so darn beautiful it takes my breath away.

    ReplyDelete

And, your thoughts about this are?