Friday, April 06, 2007

Pineapple Runner



Well its complete. Yes I did it. I rule! Tonight we laid it out and began the long process of blocking the runner. It measures about 5 ft by 3 ft. The largest project I've ever completed. I was so happy I had to take some pics. Its not completely pinned down I'll finish that up tomorrow. But hey i'm stoked about being this complete.

7 comments:

  1. Wow! You must feel soooo good and it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! That is abso-lutely-fan-bloomin'-tastic...you really do rock, sis, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your runner. I made it about 20 years ago and still have it on a chest. Did you know there is a pattern that keeps going and you can make it into a tablecloth. I'm not quite up to that to say the least! Your runner is beautiful.

    I read your comment on the Rose of Erin. You are the first person I have run across that has made it. I made one when I was about 20 and finished with the roses because the pinwheels wouldn't fit.

    I have this habit of needing to finish something and I always thought that I didn't finish that doily and it was so pretty on the front of that crochet book. About five years ago I started it in size 30 thread. And "fudged" quite a bit with the roses and the final pinwheels. It did turn out well and I got a blue ribbon at the South Dakota State Fair.

    I wish we would know the history of the 13 roses. I feel it is part of Irish history and that 12 has some significance. I have asked on several crochet sites and have received no replies. I don't think it is an error in the pattern to have 13 roses. But then again, they only gave enough loops for fewer roses.

    I'll bet there are very few completed Rose of Erin doilies which were completed. You do need to know your way around a crochet hook to get it done.

    Wished we could solve this mystery. Mary of South Dakota

    ReplyDelete
  4. It turned out GORGEOUS!!

    5 ft by 3 ft? Wow! That would take me a few YEARS to complete. I am in awe of your talent and your dedication to a snigle project.

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is absolutely breath taking. Wow I just wish that I had half of your talent, and speed. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG Stacey... I can´t believe such beautiful work... CONGRATULATIONS!!!

    ReplyDelete

And, your thoughts about this are?