I happened upon something that sounds promising this morning and thought I'd share.
The Pot Maker
Plastic pots are easy and convenient, especially for starter pots or young transplants and seedlings. But they are not biodegradable or very environmentally friendly. As a green alternative, the Pot Maker recycles old newspaper into pots. Take newspaper cut into 3 1/2-by-10-inch strips and roll the paper around press and fold under the end of the top section. Then, press the top (and paper) into the form and remove. You can fill this pot with soil and transplant seedling or sow seeds directly. It's also biodegradable. Of course, you could always make these without the tool. But, its a great idea to recycle newspapers, and use what you already have at home, rather than buying new. Marvie sent me a msg about a freebie tute on how to make these at home too. Its a a great link. Thanks Marvie!
Monday, June 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








Thats a pretty cool site! I've found a few interesting things on there. Thanks!
ReplyDelete