Saturday, June 09, 2007

Cathedral Window 'ghan



Can you believe I drug this thing out of storage? Me either. I've decided that I need to complete it before winter though. And, considering I'm about 20 rounds from completing, I've decided to challenge myself with it again. Sorry bout the sloppy pic, but have you ever tried to snap a pic of something so large? It is really hard. So, the next question is....what am I going to do with this thing once its complete? I mean, you cant really "use" it. It will pill up and look shabby. Why did I ever convince myself to start such a project???

5 comments:

  1. Its marvelous! I'd say it would make a nice wall carpet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful, sis, have you got a guest bedroom you could put it in?

    If I was faced with doing those last twenty, ever-increasing, rounds before winter I'd do one a week to make it less of a 'chore'...but then I have no patience when it comes to huge projects like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on finishing! this pattern has been on my to-do list for a loooooong time now....I think its just going to stay on that list! *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I don't remember ever seeing pics of it before! I vote a guest room as well if you have it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it is fabulous, like the notre-dame de paris' rosace.
    you could then hook it around a circle once finished and exhibit it in a cathedral.
    you also could use it in a museum where the wall is the narrowest (the roof peaks above) as a fake window.
    see BIG
    on another note, what is ravelry ID mine is Zaz and what is demet's? does she make oya? we need her in a group there.

    ReplyDelete

And, your thoughts about this are?