Tuesday, July 03, 2007

What are you doing for the 4th?


I hope you all will have a great day of food, fun, family, fireworks, etc... U know all the fun "f" words. We will be on the river with the entire clan, cooking out, kids playing, adults playing guitars & singing, and riding in a parade around the area. Today, I'm making a massive banana pudding. I adore banana pudding. So I thought I'd share my recipe. I dont use pudding mix, its from scratch. Yum!


Banana Pudding

2/3 c. sugar
1/4 c. flour
2 c. milk
2 eggs, seperated.
1 tsp. vanilla
5 ripe bananas, thinly sliced
1/2 bag vanilla wafers
mix sugar, flour in a large heat-proof bowl. add milk & stir. add beaten egg YOLKS. whisk again. ((Place in microwave for 2 minutes. Whisk.)) repeat this process until it is thick and yummy. While ur microwaving the pudding, slice bananas in small pieces and place a row of wafers in the bottom of your dish. Add a row of sliced bananas. When pudding is thickened, remove from microwave and add 1 tsp of vanilla, mix well. Pour a layer of pudding in dish over wafers & bananas. repeat, ending with pudding on top.
Some people will beat the egg whites until stiff and then smear that on top of the pudding and broil until lightly browned in oven. but not me. I leave it plain, or top with cool whip.
Enjoy ur 4th!



1 comment:

  1. Oh, yum...talk about mouth-watering. Happy 4th, sis, hope you all have fun!

    ReplyDelete

And, your thoughts about this are?