Friday, May 05, 2006
Foodie Friday
Tomato Salsa Ole!
Another Mexican authentic recipe.Homemade Salsa is soo good. You'll wonder why you ever bought it!
Add to/Take from -to your own taste. Makes about 4 cups.
2- 14.5 ounce cans diced tomatoes (or about 6 large ripe ones)
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 japalenos, seeded and minced (hotter peppers if u like)
1 bunch cilantro, chopped (also optional, I dont use it myself)
1/2 tsp salt & black pepper& chili powder
1 onion, chopped
my secret ingrediant (heh) 1/2 lime squeezed in final product.
In a food processor, combine forst 6 ingrediants. pulse to desired consistancy. Add onion, and pulse 3 times. Add the lime juice here. Stir and taste. Cover and chill at least an hour to let flavors mingle, overnight even better..
enjoy. preview~~~next week.... veggie/chicken enchiladas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








Your recipe sounds so delicious! I've never used canned tomatoes before so that's unique. Mexican food is one of my favorite cuisines, but I prefer the authentic Mexican cooking versus the Tex-Mex here in Tejas!
ReplyDeleteSounds really good! I'll have to add it to my recipe book :)
ReplyDeleteHi Stacey! I also love Mexican food. My salsa is similar to yours....the only difference is that I use fresh tomatoes and a bit of cilantro and our local version of lemon. I don't use the food processor though. I just mince everything.....lol!
ReplyDelete