
Can you believe I am really doing this? It is amazing. We went to Tn. this weekend to attend a bbq on the river with hub's family. On the way there and back I decided to *gulp* knit. Here are my efforts. The first one, was my first project, the one with the goofy black stripe in the middle. Next, is the reverse of the first one, not to bad says I. The last one, is a smaller set of needles (7) and some varigated yarn. I really like it too. Now, the question is will I try my hand at soemthing besides a dishcloth? Dunno. I know a scarf is out of the question. It just doesn't get cold enough for one. I did try to cast on for a sock pattern last night with some grey cotton I had, but the needle kept falling out when I would go to cast on the next one. Bummer. What am I doing wrong there? Not tight enough? or is it just the cotton yarn? Happy day to you all!








Those are so cool-great colors!
ReplyDeleteLook at you go!
ReplyDeleteKeep practising with casting on, it can be frustrating in the beginning, especially with dpns. I always use a cable cast on, it's tighter and the needles don't slip too much. You could also cast on all the stitches plus one extra onto one needle, work the first row onto the correct number of needles and then work the first and last stitch together to join into a round. If that don't make sense email me and I'll explain it better!
geat doily! Great dishcloths!
ReplyDeleteLovely dishcloths!
ReplyDeleteVery pretty colors! Should I start getting worried that there will be no more crocheters in the world?? Could you tell me where I saw that pattern, or could find it?
ReplyDeleteFabulous!! I keep meaning to make some black/white/pink ones to use as washcloths in my bathroom, and now you've inspired me to cast on!
ReplyDelete